You have the ability to delete large emails by using our web email system. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Close your email program. This will ensure that it doesn't interfere as we try to remove any large messages.
2. Navigate to http://webmail.fsr.com in any web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
3. Log in with your email address and password.
4. This will take you to a screen showing all of the emails waiting for you on our server.
You should be able to see something like this image:
As you can see, the size for each of these emails is listed on the right hand side, after the email subject.
You can sort by size to try and see which emails are the largest by clicking one time on the white rectangle just to the right of the word "Size". This will sort your emails from largest to smallest, making it easy to see which messages have large attachments.
We can see that the email with the subject line "Fw: Forwarded Email with Attachment" is quite large -- 2.8 Megabytes. This size of email will easily clog up a dialup connection. If you see the letter M in the size column that stands for Megabytes while the letter K stands for Kilobytes. A Megabyte is 1024 Kilobytes. The email "First Step Internet Newsletter May 2010" is only 24 Kilobytes and should have no trouble coming through. The other email is nearly 3Mbytes in size and would take a significant amount of time to download on a dialup connection.
5. Now that we have found the email which seems to be causing our issues, it is time for us to delete it. Please click the white checkbox on the far left of the message you wish to delete. A checkbox will appear in this box to indicate it has been selected.
6. The last step in this process is to delete the problematic email. If you look up and to the right of where your messages are listed, you should see the "Delete" option. The following image shows you the location of the Delete button:
The box on the left hand side of the email should be checked as shown. Click the Delete button in the upper right hand corner of your message list to delete the message. We have circled it in red here to make it more easily distinguishable.
This will remove the message from our server so that your computer will no longer try to download it. Once that is done, you can continue to delete more large messages or log out of the Webmail service. To log out click the red "power" button in the upper-right hand area of the screen. That button looks like this:
7. Open your email program and it should download the remaining emails without issue.