- Click Tools then Accounts
- Select your account from the list and click Properties
- Tools then Email Accounts
- Select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" then click Next
- Select your email account from the list and click Next
Click the More Settings button, then click the Outgoing Server Tab
Check the box that says "My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication. Make sure the box below it that says "Use Same Settings As My Incoming Mail Server" is also checked.
Click The Advanced Tab and change the Outgoing Server Port number from 25 to 587.
Click OK, click Next then click Finish.